John Zechner, chairman, J. Zechner Associates Stock Picks
John Zechner, chairman, J. Zechner Associates on U.S. Large Caps
JDS UNIPHASE (NYSE:JDSU): I'd be inclined to take my money and run..I think alot of people have really high expectations longer-term..really decent bounce in their group and these guys haven't participated well..if they aren't participating when things are acting better, what happens when things are flat or worse?..reverse split helps but still too much paper outstanding..move onto something better
APPLE (NASDAQ:AAPL): well, it's hard to knock Apple right now given success of IPOD..lot of it reflected in the stock (already)..never really came dominated PC market..IPOD starting to get some competition now..I don't worry about market being taken away at any point in the near future but still competition can take pricing down..my inclination is to look for something else..easy money has certainly been made on the name
HALLIBURTON (NYSE:HAL): I think Canadian ones (oil services) look alot cheaper based on growth potential and valuations plus leverage to natural gas..risk in short-term in general is cutback in capital expenditures..cash generation for companies substantially less..the drilling activity is going to be less, will impact..roll over stocks before fundamentals roll over..will not buy to hold for 2 years, might buy and hope for 10-15% increase..stocks will move down before fundamentals of industry pass through
JDS UNIPHASE (NYSE:JDSU): I'd be inclined to take my money and run..I think alot of people have really high expectations longer-term..really decent bounce in their group and these guys haven't participated well..if they aren't participating when things are acting better, what happens when things are flat or worse?..reverse split helps but still too much paper outstanding..move onto something better
APPLE (NASDAQ:AAPL): well, it's hard to knock Apple right now given success of IPOD..lot of it reflected in the stock (already)..never really came dominated PC market..IPOD starting to get some competition now..I don't worry about market being taken away at any point in the near future but still competition can take pricing down..my inclination is to look for something else..easy money has certainly been made on the name
HALLIBURTON (NYSE:HAL): I think Canadian ones (oil services) look alot cheaper based on growth potential and valuations plus leverage to natural gas..risk in short-term in general is cutback in capital expenditures..cash generation for companies substantially less..the drilling activity is going to be less, will impact..roll over stocks before fundamentals roll over..will not buy to hold for 2 years, might buy and hope for 10-15% increase..stocks will move down before fundamentals of industry pass through
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home